i am probably best known on Google Plus for my Speedpaint Hangouts though I haven't hosted them nearly as frequently as of late. For more information about them please read the FAQ at the bottom of this page.
I am a candy maker by day and an artist by night.
Actually that isn't true at all. I am an artist 24/7 and I technically work night-shift making candy.
Random facts about me:
- I love to theorize about business and accurately predicted Boston Market's downfall 2 years before they sold out to McDonald's
- I am a self-deprecating narcissist
- I have a very warped sense of humor
- I am a big GWAR fan.
- I am an optimist with a healthy sense of paranoia The glass is half full, but with what exactly?
- I work for Mars Inc making M&Ms but in no way shape or form speak for them. The opinions expressed here are entirely my own.
- I can hold mutually exclusive thoughts in my head.
- I don't drink/ smoke/ eat brussel sprouts
- I don't particularly like sports.- I have artwork for sale here
A: Express your interest to me and I will add you to my 'To Be Speedpainted Circle' which gets invited into my Speedpaint Hangouts first. Then just pop into one my Speedpaint Hangouts and you _might_ get painted. Alternatively you can pay me $40 and you _will_ be painted.
Q: How often do you do Speedpaint Hangouts?
A: Nowadays infrequently. Their unexpected boost to my popularity had the great side-effect of boosting the number of commissions I get. This in turn takes away from hangout time. That being said I love hosting them and will do them when I can.
Q: How do we find out when you are doing them?
A: On rare occasions I will schedule them a day or so in advance like I did for the Cliffathon but most of the time about 15 minutes prior to holding one I will let my 'Kickstarter Backers' circle know followed by my 'To Be Speedpainted' circle. After giving these circles a chance to get in the Hangout I will invite other circles in.
Q: How long do the speedpaints take?
A: It varies on whether I am focusing more on speed or quality in my quest to narrow the gap between the two. I have done them in as little as 10 and as long as an hour. For those who pay I make sure I focus on the quality aspect rather than the speed.
Q: How much do you charge?
A: I don't charge for the speedpaints themselves. I charge for the guarantee of getting one. For that it is $40.
For fully rendered pieces such as those in this album: