Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy New Year

Sorry I haven't been updating as often as I would like. The holiday season has been very busy.


I finally got my feet wet doing live caricature work (check out my Facebook page for pics). Unlike many in field, I don't use markers. Instead I use black colored pencil and white charcoal on toned paper. I like the look of it but have to increase my speed.


In other news:
My computer has been rather slow lately due to a burned out graphics card. Mental note- cooling fans don't work so well clogged with dust. I temporarily replaced it with a cheaper model I picked up at a local store. I will be getting a superior card in the near future. I look forward to being able to put my Cintiq back to use. I have tons of new ideas I want to try.

My wife got me an Ipod Touch and I have been playing around with AutoDesk's Sketchbook Mobile. I don't have a stylus for it so it isn't quite as precise as I want, but it is great for toying around. I have been using it's symmetry feature to design aliens which I plan to finish in Photoshop. Below is one of them:

No comments: